We can’t change all of the past injustices done to the indigenous people of this land, but what we can do is the simplest act of all, CARE. Care by bringing awareness to the plight of the Lakota people; care by bringing the love of Christ to the Lakota people; care by living out our convictions towards the Lakota people.
Spirited Heart, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that is bringing the Lakota people of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation the opportunity to build a future by teaching them how to build and market a products and in the process to build self-esteem and hope for a better life. While doing this we will teach the people we touch to give back to their people so that they too can enjoy the basic necessities of life and the same hope.
Spirited Heart will bring educational, physical and spiritual resources to the residents of Pine Ridge Indian Reservation to give them a better quality of life. The educational resource is the knowledge of how to build homes, produce and market products and how to produce food for personal and business uses. The physical resources are the tools and materials needed to build and repair homes and to produce products to sell. The spiritual resource is the love and hope of Jesus Christ;.
To raise a $200,000.00 start-up fund that will be used to acquire an educational facility and equip it with the parts and equipment needed to begin teaching members of the community to produce and market motorcycles. Motorcycles built by the program participants will be sold in order to make the program self-sustaining.
Funds will be use to:
- Provide support for the on-site Spirited Heart staff.
- Build a 40’x40’ shop on property owned by Spirited Heart near the Pine Ridge Reservation.
- Purchase the equipment and tools necessary to build and paint motorcycles.
- All the materials and parts necessary to produce two motorcycles from scratch.
- Time will also be spent training residents basic home repair skills such as plumbing, electrical wiring, carpentry and painting necessary they can use to remodel their homes.
- House volunteers and residents while their home is being remodeled.
ANTICIPATED FIRST YEAR RESULTS
- The production of 12 motorcycles the first year which will be sold. The expected minimum profit per motorcycle is $5,000.00.
- To use profits from the sales of motorcycles to sustain Spirited Hearts’s various programs.
- An environment of trust between the residents of Pine Ridge and Spirited Heart will be created that will allow Spirited Heart’s staff and volunteers to share the love and hope of Jesus Christ.
- Participants in Spirited Hearts education programs will have a positive self-image and marketable skills that will give the a hope for a better future.
- Residents who receive training and materials to remodel their homes will have a better physical, emotional and spiritual health and quality of life.
- The residents of Pine Ridge will know that someone cares and puts that care into action.
To view the progress go to www.spiritedheart.org. Thanks for caring.